Tenagra is a FPGA System management tool for configuring and communicating with Numato Lab’s supported FPGA modules and development platforms. This software is designed to be a single interface for managing the devices and exercising some of the available features. Currently Tenagra supports configuring the FPGA module/board (programming) and Memory Exerciser that can transfer data between various memories on the device. This includes both external DDR Memory and Block RAM available within the FPGA device. With Tenagra, you can create multiple configuration setups with different bitstreams and settings for each device model so that switching between multiple bitstreams is a breeze. This is especially helpful during development where the device may need to be reprogrammed with various bitstreams repeatedly. One can also individually turn on/off Erase, Program and Verify operations to achieve granular control on the configuration process.
Currently supported devices
- Saturn – Spartan 6 FPGA Development Board with DDR SDRAM
- Neso – Artix 7 FPGA Development Board
- Skoll – Kintex 7 FPGA Development Board
- Styx Zynq 7020 FPGA Module
Installing Tenagra on Windows®
Installing Tenagra on supported Windows® operating systems is very straight forward. Simply download the latest Tenagra installer executable from the “Downloads” tab below and execute on your PC. The installation wizard will guide you though the installation process. When installation is complete, a new Tenagra icon will appear under Start menu > programs > Numato Lab.
Configuring your device to work with Tenagra
Tenagra requires the device USB configuration to be up to date before it can work with a device. All devices purchased in the past will require a USB configuration update. It is very easy and straight forward to update the device buy following the steps below. Please note that this settings update will cause the device’s USB VID/PID to change.
- Download the USB Configuration files from the “Downloads” tab below. Extract the zip file and locate the XML file corresponding to your product model.
- Download FT_Prog Utility from FTDI’s download page and install.
- Import the XML file to FT_Prog and program the device (Devices > Scan and Parse, File > Open Template and Device > Program in the same order).
- Disconnect the device and install the driver (available under “Downloads” tab) and then reconnect the device
This is a beta software. Certain features may be missing incomplete.