This product is now obsolete!
Numato Lab’s IO Expander Shield extends Arduino’s digital and analog I/O pins and makes Arduino suitable for high pin count applications. This shield suitable for applications that need to control more input and output devices(sensors, LEDs, etc..). This shield will add 44 additional I/O pins to your Arduino. 28 of these pins are digital I/Os controlled via I2C communication by using two I2C pins on Arduino (A4 and A5) and rest 16 can be used as analog inputs, which uses only one analog pin(A0)of Arduino. Overall plugging this shield on to Arduino will give 61 pins to work with (including existing Arduino’s I/Os), for using them as analog inputs, digital inputs, and digital outputs.
- Adds 28 digital I/O and 16 Analog Input pins by using just 3 Arduino pins
- Two Microchip MCP23017 ICs for digital I/O pins expansion
- One NXP 74HC4067 Analog Multiplexer/Demultiplexer IC for Analog expansion
- Jumper pins are provided for I2C Address selection for MCP23017 ICs
- Arduino Uno compatible
- Small size, Low cost, and Lightweight
- Lighting Control
- Sensor and switches interfacing
- Keyboard interfacing
- General-purpose I/O functionality
- DIY and Hobby