The heart of the Ethernet Expansion module is LAN8710A, a low-power 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX physical layer (PHY) transceiver. LAN8710A supports communication with Ethernet MAC layer via standard MII (IEEE 802.3u) interface. LAN8710A full-duplex 10-BASE-T/100BASE-TX transceiver and supports 10Mbps (10BASE-T) and 100Mbps (100BASE-TX) operation.
LAN8710A implements auto-negotiation to automatically determine the best possible speed and mode of operation. HP Auto-MDIX support allows the use of direct connect or cross-over LAN cables. Ethernet Expansion Module also has Microchip 24AA02E48 2Kbit EEPROM with built in unique MAC address. This MAC address can be read from the EEPROM and used for the Ethernet interface. This ethernet module can be used with Numato FPGA boards or other FPGA/Microcontroller development boards.
- Three 2×6 pin Expansion connectors
- High-Performance 10/100 Ethernet Transceiver
- Single-Chip Ethernet Physical Layer Transceiver (PHY)
- 2 Kbit Electrically Erasable PROM (24AA02E48) for MAC Address
- Dimension: 61.5mm X 61.5mm
- Product Prototype Development
- Network appliance development
- Embedded Telecom Applications
- Digital Media Adapters /Servers
- Development and testing of custom Projects